Have more control of your own payment limits
Online banking available to customers aged 11+ with an Isle of Man Bank account. App available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS & Android devices and an Isle of Man, UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
To amend your personalised payment limits, you will need a card reader or mobile app registered for biometric approval and your online banking login details. Biometric approval is available to eligible app customers aged 16 or over.
Manage your personal payment limits
To provide you with extra protection against fraud and scams, you can manage your daily payment limits to suit your needs. The payment limits set the maximum amount you can pay across all services each working day.
The limits apply to payments made from your personal account to someone else and will not include bill payments.
Making a payment limits change
You can increase or reduce the limits for payments made from your mobile app or online banking, with a daily maximum of £20,000.
We recommend setting the payment limits to a level that suits your requirements.
What you’ll need:
- To be registered for online banking
- A card reader or mobile app registered for biometrics approval
Your step by step guide:
- Log in to online banking
- Select ‘Payments and transfers’ from the left-hand menu
- Under the ‘Make a payment or transfer’ heading select ‘Manage my personal payment limits’
- Choose the limit you wish to change by selecting ‘Amend Limit’
- Enter the amount you wish your limit to be set to
- Read the ‘Stop and Think’ information and tick the box when you are happy to proceed
- Select ‘Next’ and review the limit change
- If you're increasing the limit, you'll need to confirm the change using your card reader or mobile app registered for biometrics approval. Please follow the on-screen instructions.
You‘ll receive confirmation that the payment limit change has been successful.
Restrict payments made with your debit card
With the mobile app, you can choose to block certain transaction types available on your debit card such as contactless, online or gambling payments.