How to pay in a cheque using our mobile app
App available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS and Android devices and an Isle of Man, UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
Pay in a cheque when it suits you
You can now pay in your cheques using our mobile app. The app uses your device camera to capture an image of the cheque and 'reads' the details to pay the money into your account.
It's simple, convenient and secure, saving you a trip to your local branch. Limits apply.
How to pay in a cheque with the app
You can pay in up to £1,500 (personal customers) or up to £5,000 (business customers) in total each day using the mobile app. We've put together a step by step guide to help you.
What you'll need
- The latest version of the Isle of Man Bank app. If you don't have the app yet you can download the app now.
- Your cheque(s) of up to £1,500 in total per day for personal customers or up to £5,000 per day for business customers (£1,000 per cheque for personal and business customers).
Your step-by-step guide
- Login to the mobile app.
- Select the account that you want to deposit the cheque into.
- Select the ‘Deposit a cheque’ option.
- Under ‘Cheque amount’, enter the amount of the cheque and select ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Take photo of your cheque’ and allow access to your camera.
- Follow the steps on-screen to capture images of both the front and back of the cheque (even if the back is blank) against a dark background.
- On the summary screen, review the details to check they have been captured correctly and select ‘Deposit now’.
When you submit a cheque on a bank holiday, we won't process it until the next working day. So if Monday is a bank holiday and you submit your cheque, you won't see the money available until Wednesday.
Frequently asked questions
Want to know more?
Download the app
Downloading the Isle of Man Bank app couldn't be easier, follow these three simple steps below.
- On your mobile or tablet, go to the App Store if using Apple or Google Play if using Android
- Search for ‘Isle of Man Bank’
- Tap to download the app
Still not convinced? Find out more about the mobile app.