What is online banking?
Our online banking service is a fast and secure way to manage your everyday finances. Manage your sterling accounts, transfer money, pay bills, manage direct debits and standing orders and manage text alerts online.
What can I do using online banking?
Register for online banking
You can now sign up for online banking, Telephone banking and our mobile app, all in one go and it only takes a few minutes.
- Have your sort code, account number and debit card handy
You can find this on your statements, cheque book, or paying in book. You can also request this information in branch. It’s optional to provide your card number when you register, but this could make it easier to verify your identity.
- You'll receive an activation code
Once you enter your details, if you’ve already registered a mobile number with us, we’ll send you an activation code via text. If you don’t have a mobile number registered we’ll send the code by post which will take slightly longer.
- Enter your activation code
After you enter your activation code you can start using online banking straight away!
Need a little help getting registered?
Our Secure Banking Promise
Whether you’re banking online or using our Mobile Banking app, rest assured you're protected by our Secure Banking Promise.
- We'll refund any money paid out of your account by a fraudster, as long as you’ve kept your security information safe
- We'll protect you 24/7 by monitoring your account and using the latest technology to keep you safe
- We'll help you protect yourself with tips on staying secure and free tools for extra security protection
For more tips on staying secure, visit our Fraud & Security section.
Improvements to our digital banking services
Our Mobile app and Online Banking service already provide convenient ways for you to carry out your day to day banking on Sterling accounts.
Over the next few months we’re adding new features so customers with Cash Management multicurrency accounts can use these services to manage their currency accounts on the go too.