Historic mobile banking terms
Historic mobile banking terms effective from 1 April 2021 to 3 February 2023
Updates to our mobile banking terms
We’re making the following change to our Mobile Banking Terms:
As the Paym service will no longer be available in the App from 4th February 2023, we’ve removed reference to this service from our Mobile Banking Terms. You can still use Pay Your Contacts to make payments using a mobile number when the payee holds an account with us and is registered for Pay Your Contacts. If you no longer want to be registered, you can cancel registration at any time.
For payees who don’t hold an account with us or aren’t registered for Pay Your Contacts, you can make mobile payments using their account number and sort code.
Your updated Mobile Banking Terms
Please read the updated Mobile Banking Terms carefully. They’ll take effect on 4th February 2023 and will stay in the `Help` section of the App for future reference.
Need more help?
If you have any queries, please contact us.
Mobile banking terms
Effective from 1 April 2021 to 3 February 2023
For all the information about our mobile banking terms please read below.
1.1 These Terms apply to the Mobile banking service (Mobile banking) and form part of the agreement between you and us, The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited trading as Isle of Man Bank (Isle of Man Bank). The terms that apply to the account(s) you access through Mobile banking (your Account Terms), also form part of our agreement. Your Account Terms include details of how payments are made and what happens if something goes wrong. For details on how we use your information, please see our Privacy Notice. It's important that you read this carefully together with these Terms.
If you ever need up-to-date copies of these Terms, please ask us and we'll give you a copy.
1.2 If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us on 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and your Account Terms, these Terms will apply.
1.3 Our relations with you and these Terms will be governed by the laws of the jurisdiction in which the branch where your account(s) is located. The courts there will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in any disputes between us.
2.1 The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited trading as Isle of Man Bank (Isle of Man Bank). Registered Office: Royal Bank House, 71 Bath Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE4 8PJ. Tel. 01534 282850. Regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Isle of Man business address: 2 Athol Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1AN. Tel. 01624 637000. Licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority in respect of Deposit Taking, Investment Business and registered as a General Insurance Intermediary.
2.2 Isle of Man Bank is a member of NatWest Group. NatWest Group plc - Registered in Scotland No 45551. Registered office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB. The latest report and accounts are available at www.investors.natwestgroup.com.
3.1 You can only use Mobile banking if
- You're 11 or over
- You're registered for online banking
- You have a valid mobile phone number
3.2 To use Mobile banking you need to download the Isle of Man Bank Mobile banking application (the App). You can find further details on how to register and full details of the range of services available to you at iombank.com/mobile. The services that are available to you may vary depending on the type of device you're using and the type of account you have.
3.3 You're responsible for ensuring that your device is capable of operating the App (which we'll update from time to time). We can't guarantee that we'll continue to support the operating system used by your device.
3.4 There may be times when the App is unavailable for you to use due to maintenance, repairs or upgrades to our systems or the systems of any party used to provide Mobile banking. We'll aim to notify you in advance of any maintenance work but may not always be able to do so. Please contact us if you're unable to use the App and we'll do our best to help.
4.1 You must take all reasonable steps to keep your security details safe (including any passwords or log-in details) and you must tell us as soon as possible if you think someone else might know your security details by calling 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK or by contacting your branch.
4.2 We'll never ask you to give your full security details to us or to any other person or organisation.
4.3 You must not leave the device you're using unattended while you're logged on to Mobile banking and you must make sure that any information stored or displayed on your device is kept secure.
4.4 If your device is lost or stolen you must contact us immediately by calling 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK or by contacting your branch.
4.5 You must delete the App from your device if you change your device or dispose of it.
Incorrect or unauthorised payments
5. If you suspect that an incorrect or unauthorised payment has been made from your account, please contact us immediately by calling 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK or contact your local branch. Please read your Account Terms for further information on incorrect and unauthorised payments.
Your contact details
6. If your contact details (including your mobile phone number or email address) change, you should tell us as soon as you can.
7. You're responsible for all instructions given through Mobile banking, by you or anyone acting with your authority.
8.1 Your Account Terms explain how payments into and out of your account work. The section below contains information on Pay Your Contacts, which is a payment service that is specific to Mobile banking and therefore isn't included in your Account Terms.
8.2 When you make a payment through Mobile banking we'll make the payment using the Faster Payments Service if possible. If we can't use the Faster Payments Service we'll advise you of alternative ways to make the payment.
Pay Your Contacts
8.3 Pay Your Contacts allows you to send money to a third party from your personal account by using the payee’s mobile phone number rather than their account number and sort code.
8.4 You can use this service to make payments to:
- anyone who has registered for Paym (which is a service offered by a number of banks and building societies to allow you to send and receive payments in this way);
8.5 To make a payment in this way, you need to give us:
- the mobile phone number of the payee (This is the information that we use to identify the payee); and
- the amount of the payment in pounds sterling.
You're responsible for ensuring that these details are correct.
8.6 When you confirm the payee's mobile phone number and the amount of the payment, this will be your payment instruction to us and the payment will be processed immediately.
8.7 If the payee is registered for Paym, we'll send the payment to the account they've registered for Paym.
8.8 Once you've asked us to make a payment you won't be able to cancel it. If you realise you've given us an incorrect mobile phone number or payment amount, you must inform us as soon as possible by contacting us on 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK. Where possible we'll try to recover the payment, but might not be able to do so. We'll not be liable to you if we're unable to stop a payment in these circumstances.
8.9 We'll notify you within the App if we're unable to make a payment.
8.10 There's a daily limit and an individual transaction limit on payments sent using Pay Your Contacts. Details of these limits can be found on our website at iombank.com/supportcentre in the 'Search our FAQs' section.
8.11 You can register for Paym in the App. You'll need to confirm your mobile number and select an eligible account to link to your mobile number.
Deposit a Cheque
9.1 The ”Deposit a Cheque” function allows you to pay a cheque into your account by capturing and uploading images of it through the App.
9.2 Only cheques in pounds sterling can be paid into your account using this service. Certain types of cheques can’t be paid in using this service, including Eurocheques, Traveller Cheques, Giro Credits and Convenience Cheques. More information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website.
9.3 When you pay a cheque into your account before 6pm, the money will be in your account before 11:59pm the next business day at the latest. If you pay a cheque into your account after 6pm or on a non-business day, this process will begin on the next business day.
9.4 You must keep a paper copy of your cheque until the funds are showing as “available” in your account.
9.5 There are some circumstances where your cheque may not be accepted. These will be explained to you when you’re using the service and full information can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website.
9.6 If your cheque is not accepted you can take it to a branch. Where information is missing from your cheque you may be asked to request a new cheque or alternate method of payment from the payer.
9.7 There are limits on the individual value and total daily value of cheques that you can deposit. These will be shown to you in the App when you use the service and can also be found in the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website. These limits may vary from time to time.
9.8 You will not be charged for paying a cheque into your personal account. If you are paying a cheque into your business account, you will be charged in accordance with our standard Business Banking Tariff Sheet.
10. We don't currently charge you for Mobile banking. However, your mobile phone network operator may charge you when using Mobile banking and these charges may vary if you use your mobile phone to access Mobile banking when abroad.
11. We won't be liable to refund you for any losses caused by circumstances beyond our control (i.e. the situation was abnormal or unforeseeable), for example, due to extreme weather, terrorist activity or industrial action.
Variation / termination
12.1 You’re free to cancel Mobile Banking at any time. If you’d like to do this, please call us on 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK or contact us on our webchat service at www.iombank.com and delete the App from your mobile device(s).
12.2 If you haven't used the App for 6 months your Mobile banking access will be deactivated automatically and you'll have to re-register in order to use Mobile banking again.
12.3 We may suspend, restrict or end your use of Mobile banking or any part of it where:
- we reasonably believe that your security details haven't been kept safe;
- we reasonably suspect that your security details have been used fraudulently or without your permission;
- as a result of a change in the way you use your account(s) or in your financial circumstances, we reasonably believe that you may have difficulty in meeting your commitments;
- we believe it's appropriate in order to protect your account(s);
- you've broken any of the Licence Terms set out below.
We'll tell you before taking any of these steps and we'll explain why we've done so, unless we're unable to contact you or there's a legal reason or other circumstance beyond our control that stops us from doing so. If we can't get hold of you beforehand, we'll (where possible) tell you and explain our reasons afterwards.
12.4 We can also end your use of Mobile banking or remove the App by giving you at least 60 days' notice.
12.5 If we have a valid reason for doing so, we may change the terms of our agreement with you (which may include introducing charges for Mobile Banking). If we need to update the Terms to introduce a new feature into the App, which does not change the Terms relating to any existing features, we may do so immediately and will tell you as soon as we can afterwards. If we make any other change to the Terms, we’ll give you at least 60 days’ notice before it takes effect. We’ll tell you about any changes by:
- notifying you within the App;
- sending a text message (to the mobile phone number you gave us);
- sending an email (to the email address you gave us);
- delivering a secure message to online banking; or
- sending you notice by post.
We'll assume that you've accepted the changes unless you uninstall the App or tell us that you'd like to cancel Mobile banking before the change takes effect.
13.1 When you download the App we automatically give you a non-transferable, non-exclusive right to use the App (the Licence) provided that you agree to the following:
- you can only use the App on a registered device belonging to you or under your control. You’ll need to register each additional or replacement device separately;
- you can only use the App for Mobile banking and for no other purpose;
- the right to use the App is given only to you and you must not give any rights of use or any other rights in respect of the App to any other person or organisation;
- you must not copy, reproduce, alter, modify or adapt the App or any part of it;
- you must not analyse or reverse engineer the App or any part of it;
- you must not remove or tamper with any copyright notice attached to or contained within the App and you agree that all ownership of the App, including all relevant intellectual property rights, remains with us;
- if your right to use Mobile banking is terminated all rights given to you in respect of the App will end immediately.
13.2 The Licence includes the right to use any future updates to the App that we make available to you.
13.3 We are solely responsible for the App and its content. If you have any questions, complaints or need support in relation to the App please contact us on 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK.
13.4 If any third party claims that the App infringes their intellectual property rights, we'll be solely responsible for dealing with the claim.
13.5 We’ll assume that you’ve accepted the terms of the Licence by installing the App on your device and the Licence will continue until you cancel Mobile banking and/or delete the App or if we end your use of Mobile banking under Term 11. If the Licence is terminated for any reason you must uninstall the App and destroy all copies of it.
Historic mobile banking terms
Looking for previous versions of the mobile banking terms...