Renters Insurance

Cover for people who rent arranged through NatWest in the UK

An introduction to NatWest UK Home Insurance is available to residents in the Isle of Man. NatWest Home insurance policies are underwritten by U K Insurance Limited.

The legal bit

Why pick Renters Insurance?

  • Renters Insurance is contents insurance specifically for tenants and students living in halls of residence.
  • You can choose how much your contents are insured for (from five values) and tailor your policy with optional extras.
  • Pay monthly at no additional cost. (Subject to eligibility and credit agreement. Credit facilities for over 18's only. Representative 0.0% APR).
  • The price of your premiums is fixed for three years so you know exactly how much you’ll be paying.


How the fixed price policy works

The details

Core cover

Sum insured (how much your contents are insured for)

Choose to insure the contents of your rented home for a total sum of £5,000, £10,000, £15,000, £20,000 or £25,000. This doesn’t include any possessions you keep in the garden.

Alternative accommodation

After you’ve made a valid claim, if your home is unfit to live in, the cost of alternative accommodation, storage for your belongings and kennel fees for domestic pets are covered for up to 20% of your ‘sum insured’.

Download content

Claim up to £1000 to replace content you’ve paid for and downloaded onto your home computer, laptop, mobile phone or any other portable device.

Replace old for new

No deductions for wear and tear. We'll replace new for old. We'll replace or repair items or parts, or pay you the amount it would’ve cost to replace or repair an item or part using our own supplier.

Money in your home

Cash, cheques and vouchers that are lost or stolen are covered up to £500.

Optional extras

Personal possessions cover (outside your home)

You’re covered for up to £2,500 for accidental loss or damage to any possessions you wear or carry with you (e.g. jewellery, mobile phone, bicycle) when you’re out and about. It’s valid when you’re in the British Isles, when you’re overseas for a total of up to 60 days in any one policy year, and can cover your possessions in a bank or safe deposit box.

Legal protection

This covers any legal expenses you incur and the costs of your defence if any legal action is taken against you up to £100,000. It doesn’t include disputes about rent or tenancy renewal but it does include disputes about your tenancy agreement.

Accidental damage

This covers your possessions if they're damaged suddenly, unexpectedly and unintentionally when they're in your home.

Important information

We want to make sure you have all the information you need. Before you get in touch for your quote, please take some time to read or download and save these documents.

Common questions

How do I apply?

Created with Sketch.

By Phone

Call: 0345 246 0449

Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm, Sunday 10am - 5pm. Excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Easter Sunday.

Calls may be recorded. 

Created with Sketch.

In Branch

Call in to one of our branches to discuss your home insurance needs. Offers available in branch may differ from our website.